Interpreter Training Boost Program
The Queensland Multicultural Policy 'Our story, our future' makes a firm commitment that the Queensland Government will increase its efforts in implementing the Queensland Language Services Policy and improving access to interpreters and multilingual resources.
The Interpreter Training Boost (ITB) program has been established to provide new job opportunities for Queensland interpreters in priority languages and better communication outcomes for multicultural communities.
The Queensland Government has committed $730,000 in funding for the ITB program from 2021-22 through to 2023-24.
The ITB program seeks to:
- Provide scholarships to support at least 100 and up to 120 people to undertake NAATI endorsed training to become certified to work as an Interpreter in priority languages.
- Support the effective implementation of the Queensland Government Language Services Policy.
- Contribute to implementing the principles of the Multicultural Queensland Charter, including to ensure equitable access to the services provided or funded by the Government for all people of Queensland, through an adequate supply in the interpreting workforce.
For further information about priority languages and program eligibility requirements, please visit: www.2m.com.au/interpreter-boost
- a 20-week English Language Bridging Course option for those participants who need extra support;
- a 12-week (60 hour) online Interpreting Skills course endorsed by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI);
- subsidised NAATI testing fees;
- NAATI Certification Orientation information sessions to provide intensive NAATI preparation and pre-testing support (facilitated and subsidised by NAATI); and
- 2 – 3 guaranteed local industry work experience placements with 2M Language Services.
If you are interested in applying for the ITB program or would like more information, please contact 2M Language Services.