Queensland Youth Strategy
More than 1,200 young people from across the state were involved in helping us shape the vision and priorities in the strategy.
Shaped around the QYS’s 4 Building Blocks, and with an overarching commitment to listen to the voices of young people, we are supporting young people to:
- have a voice and participate in government decision-making (giving young people a voice)
- actively participate and contribute to Queensland’s future, irrespective of their circumstances, gender, ethnicity, age or religion (Building Block 1—Supporting our most vulnerable young people )
- secure safe, stable and affordable housing options (Building Block 2—Housing )
- build healthy, active, strong and resilient futures (Building Block 3—Healthy futures )
- gain the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for a future job market (Building Block 4—Education to Employment ).
The related whole-of-government Action Schedule (Action Schedule ) details the commitments led by various government agencies which will help us realise the vision for young Queenslanders and prepare them for a positive future.
Annual Youth Statement
The QYS and Action Schedule drives the Queensland Government’s vision for all young people to actively contribute to Queensland’s economic, civic and cultural life. The Queensland Government will report on the progress and future priorities of the QYS annually.
It identifies priorities for the year ahead and outlines the significant progress made in implementing government’s commitment to improve outcomes for young people.