Latest COVID-19 impacts—Queensland national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Information for employees
Extreme weather events, natural disasters, and other business disruptions
The safety and welfare of employees are the highest priority for the department at all times.
This page has been established to provide employees with information during, and immediately following, an extreme weather event or natural disaster, or other business disruption.
Please note the web address of this page—www.des.qld.gov.au/staff/—and record it for safekeeping.
Visit this page as your first point of contact during a disaster situation to find out:
- information for the safety, security and welfare of employees
- information on steps being taken to ensure business continuity and service provisions for departmental customers.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
For the latest advice on COVID-19, please refer to the following resources:
- QLD Health - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Australian Government Department of Health – Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Queensland Department of Environment and Science Intranet
Contact your manger/supervisor for more information if you have concerns about your working arrangements during this extraordinary event.
Stay up to date
Stay up to date with latest information on weather events:
- Disasters and alerts - This Queensland Government website has the latest emergency updates from the Queensland Police, Queensland Fire and Emergency Service, Bureau of Meteorology and Community Recovery, including social media feeds.
- Park alerts - This departmental webpage has the latest information on all national park alerts.