Queensland science capability directory
Stormwater Research Group (SWRG)
University of the Sunshine Coast
The Stormwater Research Group is developing as a nationally and internationally recognised centre of excellence for research in stormwater management. The research group engages and collaborates with industry partners to ensure that the new knowledge generated is shared and implemented for wider community benefit. Their research includes: use of large scale floating wetland treatment systems in urban environments; performance and boundary conditions of roof drainage systems; relating the hydraulic characteristics of stormwater quality improvement devices (SQIDs) to their water quality treatment performance and optimisation of culvert design to reduce flooding, environmental damage and community costs.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Floating wetland treatment systems in urban environments
- Roof drainage systems with box gutters, overflows and downpipes
- Hydraulic characteristics in water quality treatment performance
- Culvert designs to reduce flooding, environmental damage and costs
- Flowrates through roof drainage stormwater system outlets
Facilities and major equipment
- National Roof Drainage Research Facility
Number of research staff
Up to 20 research staff
Building ML41, University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs, 4556
- Associate Professor Terry Lucke—Associate Professor Lucke has established a significant research program in stormwater management and water sensitive urban design.
Achievements of the centre
- Nationally and internationally recognised centre of excellence for research in the area of stormwater management.
- University Research Centre
Help us improve this directory by taking a short survey. Take the survey (new window)