Queensland science capability directory
Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE)
The University of Queensland
The Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE), jointly developed by The University of Queensland and the whole Australian pharmacy profession, is the leading facility for pharmaceutical research, education and commercialisation in Australia. PACE's key research area are: pharmacometrics; pharmacy education; quality use of medicines; and therapeutic targeting. PACE has particular focus on pharmacy and pharmaceutical science on a site adjoining the Princess Alexandra Hospital, a major research hospital, and the Translational Research Institute.
Key science sectors
Strengths and capabilities
- Pharmacometrics: quantitation of drug effects and optimisation of study design and dosing regimens.
- Pharmacy Education: development, delivery and scholarship of teaching and learning as applicable to pharmacy practice and interprofessional education.
- Quality Use of Medicines: ensuring medicines are used in the best way possible to achieve good health outcomes.
- Therapeutic Targeting: the discovery and optimisation of new medications and research into disease processes.
Number of research staff
20–100 research staff
20 Cornwall Street, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102
- University Research Centre
- Industry Association partner
Help us improve this directory by taking a short survey. Take the survey (new window)