Lists and registers
Public registers maintained by the department, which are are generally created and maintained under statute, include the following:
Registers maintained under the Environmental Protection Act 1994
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) register
- Environmental Management and Contaminated Land registers
Details of land that has been used for a notifiable activity or contaminated by a hazardous contaminant.
- Environmental Authorities register
Details about licences (environmental authorities) issued for resource activities (mining and petroleum and gas) and prescribed activities issued under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
- Enforcement register
Details of enforcement actions including environmental protection orders, environmental evaluations, direction notices, clean-up notices and cost-recovery notices.
Searching the registers
You can search:
- the EIS register at a business centre after paying the prescribed fee
- the Environmental Management and Contaminated Land registers online, or you can post, fax, or email the department a search request (Word).
- the Public Register for free to access environmental authorities (current, surrendered, suspended or cancelled) and current transitional environmental programs, environmental protection orders, environmental evaluations, enforceable undertakings, direction notices, clean-up notices and cost-recovery notices. For documents not available online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the department on 1300 130 372 (select option 2).
Registers maintained under the Nature Conservation Act 1992
- Estate Register
Information on protected areas gazetted under the Act, including current and historic records.
- Protected Area Management Plan Register
Approved management plans prepared after the dedication of a national park (scientific), a national park, a national park (recovery), a conservation park or a resources reserve, or after the declaration of a nature refuge, a coordinated conservation or a wilderness area.
Searching the registers
- Queensland Heritage Register
A list of places, trees, natural formations, and buildings of cultural heritage significance. Once a place is entered in the register, the Queensland Heritage Council must assess any changes to be made to it.
Summary information on some places in the Queensland Heritage Register.
- Search the register