The Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) commenced on 1 July 2009. The RTI Act requires the department to publish a disclosure log on its website to include details of all valid RTI applications received from 22 February 2013. The disclosure log lists the scopes of valid RTI applications, and provides access to information which has been released in response to completed RTI access requests.
- Disclosure log requests for 2018-19 financial year
- Disclosure log requests for 2017-18 financial year
Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
As an interim arrangement the deparment's disclosure log will host the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training disclosure log.
Previous disclosure logs entries
The Department of Environment and Science was formed in December 2017 and brought together the functions of three former agencies (Department of Environment and Heritage Protection; Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing; Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation).
- See the former Department of Environment and Heritage Protection
- See the former Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- See the former Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation
Frequently asked questions
What information will not be included on the disclosure log?
Please note that documents containing an applicant’s personal information will not be published on the disclosure log. The department will also remove any information (including individuals' names) from any document on the disclosure log that is required under section 78B of the RTI Act, including when:
- the publication of the information is prevented by law; or
- the information may be defamatory; or
- publishing the information would unreasonably invade an individual’s privacy or cause substantial harm to an entity; or
- the information is of a confidential nature communicated in confidence; or
- the information is protected from disclosure under a contract.
In some cases there may be blank pages in a document, due to either removal of information under section 78B, or by redaction through the decision-making process for the original RTI application. Blank pages will not be included in the disclosure log.
What format will information be made available as?
The documents in this disclosure log are made available in PDF format. Should you require the documents in an alternative format, please contact Right to Information Services and the department will endeavour to meet all reasonable requests.
How long will information be available on the disclosure log?
Documents will be available on the disclosure log for a minimum period of six months from the date they are published, after which time the documents may be removed. They will continue to be available electronically (e.g. on CD or DVD) on request until such time as the original application file is disposed of in accordance with the Public Records Act 2002. Should you require access to removed documents, please contact Right to Information Services.