Marine Animal Stranding Response—Bowen Region
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, some of our volunteering programs may be operating differently or on a limited basis, in line with social distancing and restrictions on travel. We encourage you to check with the local contact listed for each volunteering program to find out if they are currently operating.
Help care and rehabilitate injured marine animals and get involved in research and education projects.
- Year round
Volunteers respond as needed.
- Club, community or special interest group project
This project involves:
- Animal husbandry, wildlife care and/or rehabilitation
- Public contact, customer service, education or interpretation
- Research and monitoring
- Rubbish clean-up
Training will be provided.
A low to moderate level of fitness is required.
- Queens Beach Action Group
- Winjunga-Upstart Bay Wildlife rescue