The department recognises the importance of providing opportunities for university students to integrate their study with work experience. By providing work integrated learning opportunities and internships the department supports tertiary programs that incorporate compulsory industry or vocational placements.
These partnership arrangements between employers and universities require students to undertake full-time employment for up to 14 weeks during semester.
A person is eligible to apply for a placement or employment opportunity only if the person:
- is an Australian citizen; or
- resides in Australia and has permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely; or
- is a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in Australia; or
- has a working visa for the duration of the placement.
Overseas students are welcome to seek volunteer opportunities should you be in Australia at any point and this is permissible under your visa conditions.
Who we are looking for
The department is looking for students who have a compulsory industry placement (or equivalent) as part of their undergraduate degree in disciplines such as:
- conservation management
- environmental engineering
- environmental science/management
- environmental tourism or sustainable tourism
- land/natural resource management
- policy development
- science/applied science (including analytical chemistry and veterinary)
- urban and regional planning
- veterinary science
- wildlife management/biology.
If you are interested in an industry placement with us and want to apply:
- register your interest by emailing email@example.com
- keep your eye on opportunities advertised through your tertiary institutions Careers and Employment Service.