We recognise the importance of providing opportunities for tertiary students to enhance their study with practical work experience. The department offers work-integrated learning opportunities through our Industry Placement Program.
There are several criteria to participate in the Program:
- Students must be enrolled with an Australian tertiary education provider.
- The student’s tertiary education provider must have appropriate Public Liability insurance.
- Students must be enrolled in a subject which requires them to undertake an industry placement.
- Students must:
- be an Australian citizen; or
- reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely; or
- be a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in Australia; or
- have a working visa for the duration of the placement.
Overseas students are welcome to seek volunteer opportunities as applicable.
Industry placement success stories
- Tanara Hinschen - Bachelor of Animal Ecology
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, Value Based Management Framework.
- Jake Elward - Environmental science, marine science and management
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, impacts of campground use.
- Melanie Sullivan - Bachelor of Animal Ecology
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, Pandanus monitoring survey program.
- Jessica Frost - Bachelor of Social Science
Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, Protected Area Strategy.
- Queenie Fensham - Bachelor of Environmental Management
Environmental Policy Planning, Climate Change.
If you are interested in an industry placement with us and want to apply:
- register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- keep your eye on opportunities advertised through your tertiary institutions Careers and Employment Service.