Want to start your career in a diverse and dynamic organisation? The Greater Graduate Program offers you a unique opportunity to build your career and grow with the Queensland Government.
The program provides recent university graduates with an opportunity to work in roles with the following Queensland Government departments:
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Department of Environment and Science
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
Want to join our Graduate Program?
Our graduate requirements vary each year. We are currently looking for suitable graduates from the following disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Applied Science
- Business Analytics
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Science
- Public Policy
To be eligible for the 2019 program, you must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of submitting your application, or
- a New Zealand citizen who is currently residing in Australia, and
- completing your university qualification by December 2018 or have completed your relevant university qualification within the past two years (since December 2016). Please see disciplines as listed above.
If you hold overseas qualifications you will need to undertake an assessment from Overseas Qualifications Services to include with your application.
Find out more about the Greater Graduate program.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for the 2019 Greater Graduate Program, register your details in the Queensland Government Graduate Portal by 5pm, Friday 21 September, 2018. If you have already registered your details in the Graduate Portal in 2018, there is no need to register again.
Candidates are screened to ensure eligibility against the following:
- qualification type and completion date
- qualification discipline
- your right to work in Australia.
Eligible candidates will then be emailed by the Program Coordinators by Monday 8 October, 2018, with further details on what roles and locations are available and instructions on how to apply.
Are you up for the challenge and the opportunity to be part of something that’s going to really make a difference?
Our work is developed and implemented through a lens of economic, social and environmental considerations. You will work with and learn from experts in a range of fields to ensure our advice, policies and programs meet the needs and expectations of the people of Queensland.
Our graduates are highly motivated, results-orientated and committed to the management and protection of Queensland’s unique landscape, waterways and built heritage.
We are seeking graduates who can:
- throw yourself in from day one and put your studies into practice
- be energetic, enthusiastic and show initiative
- show your passion by generating new, innovative ideas and solutions
- demonstrate resilience and the ability to embrace and adapt to change
- build productive working relationships by sharing ideas and collaborating with your team.
The Greater Graduate Program is a structured leadership development program with exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunities with real responsibility and accountability. Our learning and development program includes a mix of on-the-job experience and formal training workshops. The program has been developed to complement and expand on what you are learning in your daily work and assist you in your transition from study to full time employment.
In addition to the formal learning and development, you will receive coaching and mentoring from a robust support network of leaders and graduate alumni from across the business.
Be part of something big! The Greater Graduate Program is aimed at people seeking a career, not just a job. Our graduates have a broad range of backgrounds, disciplines, and work and life experiences. Graduates join the program from all over Australia, and Indigenous Australians are always encouraged to apply.
The department generally seeks interest from graduates in environmental or applied sciences, business, public policy, law, planning, environmental management, history, heritage or architecture studies to name a few.
Start your graduate career with one of Australia’s Top Graduate Employers
Our grads are transforming the department into an organisation that's ready for whatever the future holds. The Greater Graduate Program is doing the same for their careers.
Find us on Facebook.