Latest COVID-19 impacts—Queensland national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Lists and registers
Public registers maintained by the department, which are are generally created and maintained under statute, include the following:
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) register
- Environmental Management and Contaminated Land registers
Details of land that has been used for a notifiable activity or contaminated by a hazardous contaminant.
- Environmental Authorities register
Details about licences (environmental authorities) issued for resource activities (mining and petroleum and gas) and prescribed activities issued under the Environmental Protection Act 1994.
- Enforcement register
Details of enforcement actions including environmental protection orders, environmental evaluations, direction notices, clean-up notices and cost-recovery notices.
Searching the registers
You can search:
- the EIS register at a business centre after paying the prescribed fee
- the Environmental Management and Contaminated Land registers online, or you can post, fax, or email the department a search request .
- the Public Register for free to access environmental authorities (current, surrendered, suspended or cancelled) and current transitional environmental programs, environmental protection orders, environmental evaluations, enforceable undertakings, direction notices, clean-up notices and cost-recovery notices. For documents not available online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the department on 1300 130 372 (select option 4).
- Estate Register
Information on protected areas gazetted under the Act, including current and historic records.
- Protected Area Management Plan Register
Approved management plans prepared after the dedication of a national park (scientific), a national park, a national park (recovery), a conservation park or a resources reserve, or after the declaration of a nature refuge, a coordinated conservation or a wilderness area.
Searching the registers
- Queensland Heritage Register
A list of places, trees, natural formations, and buildings of cultural heritage significance. Once a place is entered in the register, the Queensland Heritage Council must assess any changes to be made to it.
Summary information on some places in the Queensland Heritage Register.
- Search the register