White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accreditation
Our department has been accredited as a White Ribbon Workplace since 2019. In 2022, we have proudly received our White Ribbon Workplace re-accreditation, which recognises our commitment to a workplace that promotes respectful, safe and inclusive cultures by taking active steps to prevent and respond to violence.
As part of achieving and maintaining accreditation, our department has:
- challenged the attitudes and behaviours that allow violence to occur
- enhanced individual capability to recognise, prevent and respond to the issue of violence
- improved or implemented new practices and procedures
- encouraged individuals to take an active role in creating positive and safe workplaces
- participated in key events that raise awareness and take an active role in addressing domestic and family violence (DFV), including the Darkness to Daylight Challenge and White Ribbon Day.
We recognise that DFV is a workplace issue that can affect the safety, wellbeing, attendance, productivity and performance of all employees.
Our department’s Executive Leadership Team has shown its commitment towards supporting employees affected by DFV and acting to end DFV by signing the Not Now, Not Ever. Together. pledge, as well as a Statement of Commitment against sexual harassment.
We are proud of the steps we are taking and believe we can play a part in eliminating DFV in Queensland.
In an emergency, always call 000.