Latest COVID-19 impacts—Queensland national parks, state forests and recreation areas. Check the latest information and updates.
Our department recognises the enormous value a clean environment, innovative society and economy, and vibrant culture contributes to our lives.
As a diverse organisation, the department brings together key areas of work to achieve our objectives for a better Queensland.
As part of our commitment to eliminating domestic and family violence in Queensland, the department is working towards becoming a White Ribbon Australia accredited workplace.
- protect and manage our parks, forests and the Great Barrier Reef for current and future generations
- enhance Queensland’s ecosystems
- protect significant heritage places
- avoid, minimise or mitigate impacts to the environment.
- lead the development of science strategy for government
- deliver scientific expertise to protect and manage our environment and natural resource base
- support the development of Queensland’s science sector.
- drive the government’s policy and program direction for young people in Queensland
- oversee and report on the delivery of the Queensland Youth Strategy
- deliver a range of youth programs such as Queensland Youth Week, the Queensland Youth Engagement Panel and the Queensland Indigenous Youth Leadership Program.
- provide youth strategy and engagement advice across government.