Downloading and viewing documents
Portable Document Format (PDF)
To view Portable Document Format (PDF) files, you will need to have Adobe Reader installed. This can be downloaded free-of-charge from the Adobe website.
Use the Adobe Reader to:
- View a document by selecting the link text. The document will load into the reader.
- Save a document for later viewing by right-clicking your mouse on the link text and selecting Save Target As and saving the file in your preferred location.
If you have a Macintosh with a single button mouse:
- Save a document for later viewing by holding down the control key while you click your mouse on the link text. Select Save Link As or Download Link to Disk and save the file in your preferred location.
Microsoft Office files
To view, save and print Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files you will need:
- the relevant Microsoft® Office application, either as:
- the paid subscription apps installed on your computer, or
- the free Office Online apps (you'll need a Microsoft account), or
- an alternative office product such as Google Docs - note that some document features may not be available.