As a department, we collect, generate and use a lot of data. This data can deliver real benefits to the Queensland community and economy—if it is used in clever ways.
So that all Queenslanders can benefit from, and make use of, our data, we will be releasing as much of it as possible, free to anyone who wishes to use it.
The department's Open Data Strategy outlines our approach and timelines to making our data available.
Available data setsThe department currently has 665 data sets available on the Queensland Government Open Data Portal.
Recently updated datasets
- Coastal Data System – Near real time tide data (21 Mar 2023)
- Coastal Data System – Near real time storm tide data (21 Mar 2023)
- Coastal Data System – Near real time wave data (21 Mar 2023)
- Suitable Operator Register (SOR) for Environmentally Relevant Activities (ERAs) (20 Mar 2023)
- WildNet wildlife records - published - Queensland (20 Mar 2023)
- Census of the Queensland Flora and Fungi 2022 (20 Mar 2023)
- Remuneration information – Cape York Peninsula Regional Scientific and Cultural Advisory Committee (20 Mar 2023)
- Environmental Authority Locations - Queensland (19 Mar 2023)
- Queensland soil survey sites - SALI_SITE (18 Mar 2023)
- Coastal Data System - Waves (Mackay) (17 Mar 2023)
The full list of our data sets is available on the portal.