Case study: Freedom Constructions
Freedom Constructions is a local building company in Cairns. The team is committed to carefully restoring, renovating and remodelling traditional Queenslander homes.
Freedom Constructions joined the ecoBiz program in 2022 and has been recognised as a Star Partner. The team is committed to reducing its environmental and climate impact, and also to learning more about improving its sustainable use of resources.
Key initiatives to reduce energy
- A solar photovoltaic system (36 panels/10 kilowatt invertor) was installed.
- Energy efficient LED lighting has replaced all fluorescent lighting.
- The office’s hot water system has been set to run only during daylight solar production hours.
Key initiatives to reduce waste
- The company uses internal and external recycling bins and drink container recycling collection stations.
- The team uses environmentally friendly coffee cups and drink bottles.
- Freedom Constructions works with suppliers to reuse or return wooden pallets.
Register now for ecoBiz: a free program funded by the Queensland Government and run by Business Chamber Queensland. ecoBiz helps Queensland businesses audit their resource use, understand their carbon emissions and reduce costs from waste, water and energy bills.
ecoBiz has provided our company with valuable feedback on how we can reduce waste and save money on some of our processes. I would highly recommend the program to any business.
Brodie Price, Freedom Constructions