Case study: Brassets Group ecoBiz
Brassets Group is 100% Australian owned and operated and provides specialist clinical and security services to the Asia Pacific region.
The Group’s main objective is to impact society in a positive manner by making the world a safer place. Through a Star Partnership with ecoBiz, the Group has extended this objective to include key environmental issues such as reducing energy use and waste leading to greenhouse emissions reductions.
Brassets Group has been a part of the ecoBiz program since 2019. Over this time, the team has focused on driving a ‘green culture’ and supports all employees to cultivate a ‘green mindset’.
Key initiatives to reduce energy use
Brassets Group has reduced energy use by:
- installing internal glass doors to maximise natural light in the office
- gradually replacing fluorescent lights with energy efficient LEDs
- installing glass louvers in the office to maximise natural ventilation
- insulating the office walls and ceilings
- using blinds on the office windows to help with temperature control.
Key initiatives to reduce waste
Brassets Group continues to reduce waste by:
- using a robust office purchasing program to analyse the use of items and identify reduction strategies
- implementing an office recycling program for general waste, soft plastics and technology waste.
Register now for ecoBiz: a free program funded by the Queensland Government and run by Business Chamber Queensland. ecoBiz helps Queensland businesses audit their resource use, understand their carbon emissions and reduce costs from waste, water and energy bills.